"He must, so know the starfish and the student biologist who sits at the feet of living things, proliferate in all
directions. Having certain tendencies, he must move along their lines to the limit of their potentialities."

John Steinbeck - Log from the Sea of Cortez

Friday, February 19, 2010

Shubin and Colbert

Today, my vert zoo students and I talked about the fish/amphibian transition that took place in the early part of the Devonian. Of course, Tiktaalik came up. A couple of years ago, I had the pleasure of seeing Neil Shubin in an ALLELE talk at the University of Alabama, not long after Your Inner Fish came out. He's a very funny, very engaging speaker. I tried to show my students his appearance with Stephen Colbert, only to find that Comedy Central has pulled it from YouTube. But, it's still there on their site. Embedding won't work, so here's the link.

Guys, meet Neil Shubin....

No comments:

Post a Comment