"He must, so know the starfish and the student biologist who sits at the feet of living things, proliferate in all
directions. Having certain tendencies, he must move along their lines to the limit of their potentialities."

John Steinbeck - Log from the Sea of Cortez

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thanks to the Honors guys..

...gave the keynote talk at the Honors Program Banquet tonight. Outstanding group of young students - the type that will make a difference, if we give them a chance. The theme was from Warren's poem on Audubon - "What is man but his passion?". Managed to squeeze in photos of Warren, Audubon, Bette Davis, a robin, my kids, my dogs, the Florida Gators, a longnose gar, a redfin darter, a bowfin, etc., etc. Great fun, but it's somebody else's turn.

Regardless, thanks greatly for the invitation.

I'll be on the road for a few days, so the updates and the FODs may go on the shelf till I get back. Quite honestly, I'm exhausted - need a couple of days off. My eldest graduates from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville tomorrow at 4:00. I'll be on the road early.

No comments:

Post a Comment