"He must, so know the starfish and the student biologist who sits at the feet of living things, proliferate in all
directions. Having certain tendencies, he must move along their lines to the limit of their potentialities."

John Steinbeck - Log from the Sea of Cortez

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back on the road...

It's been a long, cold, winter (in multiple senses), and I haven't been very diligent with the morning run.  Bess and I are feeling the effects of our inactivity.  So, it's time for a new leaf.  Hopefully, that carries over to SKTS.  The book now is The Emperor of All Maladies:  A Biograhy of Cancer.  It's not my normal read (probably helping explain my lack of desire to run the Loop in the freezing pre-dawn), but the topic has hit close to home during the long winter.  Better the beast you know.  Add in the fact that most of my advisees see biology as simply an entry into medicine, and this is subject matter that I need to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment