"He must, so know the starfish and the student biologist who sits at the feet of living things, proliferate in all
directions. Having certain tendencies, he must move along their lines to the limit of their potentialities."

John Steinbeck - Log from the Sea of Cortez

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Can't sleep...

Lots of activity at Small Southern in the next few days before Commencement. Then off to the beach for a week to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday. That's right... a week on beautiful Santa Rosa Island, playground of my youth. Just in time to watch the oil roll in. For some reason, I've had this movie on my mind all week. Overdramatic, I understand. The world's not coming to an end. And, for once, I hope the neo-cons are right, for once, and the projected impacts are overblown. But I can't help but think my family and I have purchased a front row seat for the end of an era, the inevitable result of the path that our nation chose thirty years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment